Friday, May 27, 2005

It's Friday . . .

Literally.

Both the day and the movie.

I find it oddly poetic that this just happened.

I live in a upper middle to lower upper class neighborhood. The neighborhood association costs $300 per year and you must pay it. It goes to keep the track mowed and free of bumps, the pool maintained and guarded, the playground filled with new equipment and the basketball area in nets and balls. What it doesn't pay for is the elimination of the unsavory characters.

Several nights ago, I was setting the sprinkler to water my newly re-landscaped front yard when I noticed Debo. All kidding aside, Debo is stalking my area.

A very largely muscled, bald headed, black man in a white t-shirt and pants low enough to reveal his boxers rides a very small bicycle around my neighborhood every night. My boyfriend and I have began to jokingly ask "Didya see Debo yet today?" He has a schedule. He always rides down the road, past my window at approximately 7 p.m. each night. However, he deviated from this pattern today.

He rode past my house at 9 a.m. this morning. Debo in all his glory was riding by and carrying in one hand a large cardboard box.

I wondered if it was his day off. I wondered if he was going to be fired . . . on his day off. For stealing boxes. On tape. On his day off.