Friday, December 02, 2005

Blame Eunuch

I know what's going to happen.
Auburn or Steph or one of you other lot is going to say something about me and my lists again.
DONT DO IT!
I didn't choose this topic.
It was all Eunuch and his tagging me.
Though I loved every minute of it . . .
So here ya go.

Oh and . . .
Love you guys too much to tag anyone.
Or do the move your name up the list thing . . . not sure what that’s all about.
So I’ll do this instead - I’ll answer all the questions and ANYONE feeling benevolent enough to do the same, do so. There are some people I’d really like to see do it . . but I will keep those to myself.


What were you doing 10 years ago?


10 years ago . . hmm . . I was 15. It’s December, so I was attending highschool, working as a drive-thru girl at McDonalds (to teach me humility, is what I was told), and driving back and forth three afternoons a week to Arkadelphia - 45 miles from my hometown - to Henderson College to train with their college swim team. LOVED Coach Coke, he was the man! I’m sure I was counting the days until highschool graduation.


What were you doing 1 year ago ?


I was working at a job I loved but for people I hated, so in my spare time I was doing all that was necessary to start my own business.


5 snacks you enjoy :


1. Sunchips

2. Hershey’s Huggs

3. REAL popcorn, homemade popcorn with REAL butter - it takes forever to make it and it’s a mess but totally worth it

4. Chips and salsa and/or queso

5. Pecans


5 songs to which you know all the lyrics :

(Not fair, I know all the lyrics to almost EVERY song)


1. Untouchable Face - Ani Difranco

2. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton (both can sing it and sign it)

3. If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot

4. Notorious Thugs - Notorious BIG

5. No Leaf Clover - Metallica



5 things you would do if you were a millionaire :


1. Buy a house that I could have THREE libraries in and then fill them with every book EVER written (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'd try).

2. Give a butt ton of money to Cancer research.

3. Pay off all my family’s and friend's debts and give them a fresh start.

4. Go to Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Belize and then just keep on going.

5. Have those surgeries I mentioned in my lists



5 bad habits :


1. Talking over people's heads

2. Road Rage

3. Setting really high standards and complaining when no one can live up to them

4. Obsessively cleaning

5. Buying up everything when it’s on sale . . and therefore having a huge stockpile of EVERYTHING at my house whenever it’s needed . . but no room to put other things. (Anyone need soap - I have about a gazillion bars of soap)



5 things you like doing :


1. Sex, sex, sex (maybe I like it so much because I get it so little???)

2. Reading

3. Writing

4. White Water Rafting

5. Watching football



5 things you would never wear again :


1. Any of my graduation robes - no one looks good in graduation robes

2. My high school ring

3. Anything white (other than this ONE pair of Hilfiger pants I have that are friggin amazing)

4. Gold jewelry (unless it’s white gold)

5. Hot pants (DONT ASK!)


5 favorite toys :


1. My Sony Vaio

2. My Motorola RazR phone

3. My DVD recorder

4. My SUV

5. My favorite pen and a big ole blank pad of paper (yes, I have a favorite pen)

Any takers on the list offer?
Dying to read some lists from some of you guys.
Us OCD people love lists . . .

17 comments:

birdie said...

oooh oooh! i DO love lists!

Chairborne Stranger said...

nice list. damn, eunuch tagged me too, this list might take some time, its so long!!

angel, jr. said...

"If You Could Read My Mind". Does it count if I know all the lyrics of Studio 54 soundtrack version? I am in love with Amber (the chick that sings it).

angel, jr. said...

"If You Could Read My Mind". Does it count if I know all the lyrics of Studio 54 soundtrack version? I am in love with Amber (the chick that sings it).

meghansdiscontent said...

Birdie - Oh bestest friend of mine, does this mean you will take the list and make it your own on your blog? Please please please??

CS - LOL, trust me, it took a while to complete. Damn that Eunuch.

Angel, jr. - Honey, I have no idea . . . is that even the same song? Now I have to do research. :)

janestarr said...

I liked the part about what you would do if you were rich, a library or 3 is a brilliant plan!

I have done this one, sadly, if you want to check it out it is in October Archives, Oct 15th.

Eunuch said...

In my best diabolical laughter...

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Kate said...

If You Could Read My Mind! I'm am so impressed with you. I love the Gordo.

meghansdiscontent said...

Jane - Amen! My dream is to have a huge library, so huge that I have to have those rolling ladders on the shelves. SO excited about it. It's why I work!! Definitely going to check out your list!

Eunuch - Mean mean boy! But I know you did it cause you lurv me.

Kate - My momma raised me right! I was exposed to EVERYTHING you can imagine music wise. And adored all of it. My CD collection is massive . . Gordo is a big part of it! Anything from the 50's up is there - rock, pop, rap, metal, country, jazz, and on and on and on.

angel, jr. said...

Hi Meghan, I just did some research. It's the same song--I listened to Gordon Lightfoots on iTunes. The new version is just done on a faster beat.

meghansdiscontent said...

Angel, Jr. - Thanks for checking that out!!! I will have to look into it and listen. It sounds cool, but who knows. There are very few "remakes" that I actually like. I just get so attached to the originals. Case in point, I wished a horrid death on Madonna for redoing Don McLean . . . you don't remake Don McLean. You just don't. It's WRONG.

Kate said...

In complete agreement about Don McLean. Worse move Madonna ever made. Worse than the Sex book and marrying Sean Penn. BTW, do you know that Killing Me Softly, that Roberta Flack made famous, was written about Don McLean?

meghansdiscontent said...

Kate - So glad you knew that! So few people do! I actually met someone the other day that didn't know "You're so Vain" was written about one of the men that Carly Simon dated and that Warren Beatty was so sure it was him that he called and thanked her. (For those that don't know, she won't admit to anyone who it was about -- but Beatty's the only one she's never said NO, it's not him about)

Who raised these people?? Do they have no sense of culture?

Kate said...

I don't know but they don't have my sister who at one time could explain every pop culture reference in American Pie and then explain the supposed second political meaning.

Where the widow is Jackie Kennedy and Jumpin' Jack Flash is Nixon......and so on.

Steph said...

I've already done the list too, but loved reading yours. Fuck, I'd read anything you wrote. Even a grocery list ;)

Ang said...

I also heard that "Your so Vain" was about Mick Jagger...I love that song, it is on my mp3 right now..coincidently so is gordon! LOVE HIM! I thought the new one skipped some of the lyrics though, I will have to have another listen.

I too did this one in October, tagged by Steph, if you want to have a listen...

enough rambling in a comment, I am off to write my very own post...

auburn said...

Girl, i am the list QUEEN!

I love lists. My OCD life lives my lists.

Now i have like a WEEK's worth of your posts to read cause i've been absent a-fucking-gain...