Friday, December 23, 2005

Gosh Durnit!

I want to be all bah humbug.
I've been all bah humbug for the last month leading up to Christmas.
But for whatever reason: maybe Bone's letter to Santa, maybe the prospect of being around my brudder non-stop for the next few days, maybe the New Years celebration currently in the planning, maybe the Chris-A-Mus party we had last night, whatever . . I'm actually HAPPY about Christmas.

This is virtually impossible.
I'm hung over.
Got home around 4 AM (don't believe me, check some of your comments!) and got up at 7:30 and have spent the morning cleaning and packing - these are NOT a few of my favorite things (neither are whiskers on kittens, furry little rodent bags).

But I am. I'm excited.
I can't wait to see my brother's face when he opens his present.
I can't wait to see mom smack dad for spending too much money, then bitch me out for it, too after she opens her present.
I can't wait for dad to wonder why his present fund was cut in half.

I'm dying to see my mammaw, papaw and CRAZY aunts and uncles (and there are 16 of them JUST on dad's side). I am dying to fill my cousins with sugar and caffeine and then send them home with their parents. I just . . . it's Christmas.

SO . . . PLEASE everyone have a fantabulous Christmas! I know some of you are far from home and don't get the luxuries of family and friends . . . my heart goes out to you and my prayers and thoughts are with you. Be safe, try and be happy and know that we appreciate and care for you more than we could ever express!

The rest of you bitches, be safe in your travels (wherever they may be), don't strangle your relatives - no matter the provocation, and eat sugars, sweets and holiday stuffs until you burst!

I'm so grateful to have been blessed with all you of in my life!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


(I may or may not be checking in periodically. It depends if my family drives me effing batty enough to put up with DIAL-UP - the horror!!!!!!!)

27 comments:

Lizzie said...

I've got bah-humbug to spare if you're still in the mood for some.

Have a great time with your family though!

p.s. good luck with the dial-up. be forewarned though, it may drive you battier than your family does. I speak from experience, as you know ;-)

Chairborne Stranger said...

Well I'm glad you aren't all bah-humbug this year. Christmas will be fun-enjoy all the crazy relatives! This is why we spike the egg nog, LOL

beachgirl said...

Precious girl- thanks for listening to me rant this afternoon... You are the best Christmas Gift a person could ask for...Your friendship is a true blessing in my life...
I cannot wait to hang out with you next weekend!!!

Coyote Mike said...

if you really want to bah-humbug, go to any retail store and try to find a parking spot.

Drunken Chud said...

bah humbug. not really. have fun with the family.

coyote- one of my favorite christmas pasttimes is going to the malls around here and poaching a killer parking spot. then, you wait till the rush gets bad for the day, you go out to your car, make sure to walk slow so more lot vultures can see you. then, get in your car, MAKE SURE to keep your foot on the brake. the red lights are a beacon. then, once you have a line up in both directions put the car in reverse. let those white lights get their hopes up. hold it for a minute, then put the car in park, shut it off and go back into the mall. now this part is optional, you can actually start backing out of the spot a little, then pull forward and put in park and shut off. i usually do this over the duration of a cigarette. this way i can be warmish, and entertain myself. try it, it's fun.

Coyote Mike said...

Drunk, you obviously aren't from Nebraska, where everyone has a gun. seriously, people would come up to my car, pull me out of it, and beat me with sticks. And I'm talking about grandmas.

Eunuch said...

Meg--you too have a wonderful Christmas, and we'll talk when you get back!

Steph said...

Merry christmas sweet,sweet girl! Have a great time with your family. xxx

Laurie (aka buggy) said...

Merry Christmas, Meghan!! I hope you have an awesome time with your family. It sounds like good times!! I'll be doing the same with mine. I hope you get a lot of great stuff!! :)

Indiana said...

Enjoy your time unplugged, it is a great way to send time with "real" people and gather thoughts to come back and dazzle us further with insights into life.

Merry Christmas babes.

Rolligun said...

Who wishes to be wretched?

What is your deal Meghan?

Rolligun said...

Oh, and merry chritstmas...Sunshine.

Barry S. said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

I am preparing bourbon balls to bring to the family's house on Christmas day - lots and lots of sugar AND bourbon - what more can you ask for in a snack? I'll eat a few for all of you.

Kate said...

Have a wonderfully Merry Christmas Meg! Enjoy your family and you and your brother stay away from the hair driers/radar guns.

Chairborne Stranger said...

Merry Christmas, meg!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Coyote Mike said...

umm, everybody else said the christmas thing, so I will wish you, umm, Happy Early Boxing Day (for most countries in the former British Empire)

Bone said...

Hmm, I really meant to comment on this about two days ago. Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas. Missed you at the Festivus party :-)

Heidi said...

The motto of the weekend has been "BE HAPPY DAMN IT! PRETEND WE FUCKING LOVE EACH OTHER!"

Gotta love family. :-)

trueborn said...

Merry Christmas!

angel, jr. said...

Merry Christmas!

beachgirl said...

Precious Girl- are you back from the parentals house yet??? It has been so lonely in the blogosphere without you!!!

Please tell me you have great stories from home!!

GURRRLLLL... I'm missin you like candy!!!

Steph said...

Ok it's time to send out a search party. Megggggghhhhaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Coyote Mike said...

I'll check her underwear drawer!!!

hey, she might have a really big underwear drawen and fell in.

Leave me alone :P

Coyote Mike said...

whoops, I got so excited I misspelled drawer.

beachgirl said...

Kids- I talked to meg last night.. she is alive and well... just spending quality time with her momma...

Coyote Mike said...

Oh.

I guess I should put the tiger-stripe crotchless thong with the lipstick stains back then.

Thomas said...

Merry Christmas late--better than never! Hope you enjoyed it much!