Gosh, tagged again!
Another list . . . but a good one.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?
Became completely independent of my parents/family. I supported myself fully for the first time.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jesus, the question should be “did anyone close to you NOT give birth.”
3. Did anyone close to you die?
Too many people. Too many.
4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
I didn’t have time to travel, I was trying to build up my business.
Best holiday memory - Getting toasty drunk with my family and friends on New Years and then planning our wedding with my male but very gay best friend. Apparently he can’t tell his parents he’s gay and I can’t find a man I want to marry, so we’re going to help each other out.
5. Best thing you bought?
My SUV. LOVE it beyond all reason. How materialistic is that?
6. Where did most of your money go?
House payment and vehicle payment. With a huge shoe alottment.
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Sex and being with friends. I was too focused on my career.
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Stressed about my business and my ex.
9. What kept you sane?
My family, my friends and routine.
10. What drove you mad?
My family and myself.
11. What made you celebrate?
My business taking off and finally becoming fully independent.
12. What made you sad?
The deaths of my friends and family.
13. How was your birthday this year?
I have no idea. I can’t honestly remember my birthday.
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Arguing abortion politics with friends when a friend had a question in her mind about what to do about her newly discovered pregnancy.
15. Were you in love in 2005?
I thought so, but looking back . . . no. I loved him, but I was never IN love.
16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?
Happiness with who and what I am.
17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?
February 10th. The day a man killed himself and almost killed me in the process.
18. What song will remind you of 2005?
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
20. Biggest achievement this year?
Creating a stable business.
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Being unable to be happy with who I am and what I’ve accomplished.
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
If I knew that, I wouldn’t constantly question myself.
23. Best new person you met this year?
I’m with Steph, all you crazy people here in blogging land.
24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?
Life is too short and too full of wonderful things to be taken for granted. Try and be happy with what and who you have in your life. If you can’t make yourself be happy, at least pretend to be so you don’t drag others into your mess.