Monday, December 05, 2005

Meme

Gosh, tagged again!
Another list . . . but a good one.
Enjoy, kids:


1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?

Became completely independent of my parents/family. I supported myself fully for the first time.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Jesus, the question should be “did anyone close to you NOT give birth.”

3. Did anyone close to you die?

Too many people. Too many.

4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?

I didn’t have time to travel, I was trying to build up my business.
Best holiday memory - Getting toasty drunk with my family and friends on New Years and then planning our wedding with my male but very gay best friend. Apparently he can’t tell his parents he’s gay and I can’t find a man I want to marry, so we’re going to help each other out.

5. Best thing you bought?

My SUV. LOVE it beyond all reason. How materialistic is that?

6. Where did most of your money go?

House payment and vehicle payment. With a huge shoe alottment.

7. What do you wish you had done more of?

Sex and being with friends. I was too focused on my career.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?

Stressed about my business and my ex.

9. What kept you sane?

My family, my friends and routine.

10. What drove you mad?

My family and myself.

11. What made you celebrate?

My business taking off and finally becoming fully independent.

12. What made you sad?

The deaths of my friends and family.

13. How was your birthday this year?

I have no idea. I can’t honestly remember my birthday.

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?

Arguing abortion politics with friends when a friend had a question in her mind about what to do about her newly discovered pregnancy.

15. Were you in love in 2005?

I thought so, but looking back . . . no. I loved him, but I was never IN love.

16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?

Happiness with who and what I am.

17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?

February 10th. The day a man killed himself and almost killed me in the process.

18. What song will remind you of 2005?

The Killers - Mr. Brightside

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?

Yes.

20. Biggest achievement this year?

Creating a stable business.

21. Biggest disappointment this year?

Being unable to be happy with who I am and what I’ve accomplished.

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?

If I knew that, I wouldn’t constantly question myself.

23. Best new person you met this year?

I’m with Steph, all you crazy people here in blogging land.

24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?

Life is too short and too full of wonderful things to be taken for granted. Try and be happy with what and who you have in your life. If you can’t make yourself be happy, at least pretend to be so you don’t drag others into your mess.

14 comments:

angel, jr. said...

I agree. Life is too short. You can tell other's about your misery and ask them to be sympathetic, but don't drag them out of their own happiness.

trueborn said...

Hmmmmm
I don't know if I agree with faking it.
Hearing about women "faking it" always makes me uneasy:)
Seriously though, life is long. I've got the patients to prove it. Do away with regrets, thats what makes it seem so short. Without regrets time is time and life is enough. If you needed someone to lean on, your allowed to ask Meg, people shouldn't be brought down by helping out a friend. I never feel lousy about helping a friend. In fact it makes me feel rather good.

janestarr said...

That Trueborn is so damn honorable! Megs I think starting your own business is so impressive, I am definitely jealous. And I don't know anything about the suicide/attempt on your life, but I would think I would remember that too. And I think there is no shame in pretending to be happy...sometimes that is the only way to get out of the emotional hole you dug yourself.

auburn said...

Congratulations on your business, that is fantastic beyond all words!

I agree with janestarr and trueborn. You're allowed to pretend to be happy if that helps you. I am the queen of putting on a brave face so people think i'm happy (although in blogland i seem to let it all out...go figure). But you should always know that you can turn to someone for help if it gets to the point where you can't or won't help yourself.

Good answers, and save for the accident, sounds like you had a successful year you businesswoman you!

auburn said...

D'oh, blogger just ate my comment.

Congratulations on your business, that is fantastic beyond all words!

I agree with both janestarr and trueborn. You are allowed to pretend to be happy if it helps you get by. I am the queen of putting on a brave face. You wouldn't know it, because i seem to let it all hang out in blogland! But still, you should always know that you can ask someone for help if it gets to the point where you can't or won't help yourself.

Good answers, and save for the accident, sounds like you had a pretty successful year you businesswoman you! You should be so proud of yourself and your accomplishments:)

auburn said...

Okay, so blogger was really just tricking me into seeing if i could say it all again.

grrr....

Steph said...

Girl, you have had one FULL ON year! You must be exhausted. I hope 2006 rocks out for you and brings you all you hope and wish for.:)

Oh p.s you didn't tag anyone! Don't make me put my kickin shoes on!

trueborn said...

Janestarr just for that,I'm gonna be a right bastard for a few days.
Meghan you are truly impressive. Have I ever told you that?
No?
Well you are.

janestarr said...

True- No, no, none of that...oh curses, I've done it again! I'm just being a twat, please forgive ;)

Ang said...

ok...tooo wierd!!

When I read the tag the song that came into my head was Mr. Brightside. The very second that I read your response the song came on. And I am at work, so it isn't even my doing...so wierd!

Dirk the Feeble said...

You must be over 21 years old if you don't remember your birthday. 21 is like the last good one.

Eunuch said...

"Where did most of your money go? With a huge shoe alottment." - Chair should be happy.

"Mr. Brightside" Good song, mine too...but you already knew that!

Eunuch said...

Oh, and the last "true" good birthday is 3-0...next year!

Chairborne Stranger said...

I'm rethinking life every day. Life is short, it seems. And sweet? Or misery? Or just how you look at it? I'm trying to make the most of it; it is hard, sometimes, to motivate, but I try to help others and overlook the misery. Or I'll just get down.


PS Do I joke too much about liking shoes?