Friday, December 02, 2005

Proof

And so here's proof that the goofy, retarded dancing girl you all know and love is fully back in swing.

Tonight was cardio night at the gym.
Crystal and I are trekking away at 3.5 miles an hour (wow, watch out Tortoise!) on the treadmill and I get bored, per usual with ANYTHING, and am trying to distract myself from the fact that I'm walking . . . on a conveyer belt . . in a gym.
So perky music is playing.

"This Love" - Maroon 5
Love this band.
So I take my hands off the handles and just start swinging my arms a bit.
And then I start slightly wiggling while walking.
And then I start almost all out dancing.
Hey, if you can't have fun, what fun are ya?
Yeah, I'm getting some looks from the "hard core gymmers" - you know, the ones who have muscles bulging out of their eyes??? But who cares?! I'm having a good time.
Yep, fun fun fun.
Right until Captain Coordination, also known as ME, can't maintain dancing, walking and talking while also watching the football stats running on ESPN.
Yep, I fell off. Fell smooth off the damn treadmill.
Not a graceful fall either. Not that cute, oops, I tripped fall.
Nope, an all out here I am falling, ooh oh oh, trying to catch myself, oh wait, that just makes you fall harder - BAM.

Does this teach me my lesson?
NOPE!
18 minutes later I do the SAME thing while dancing to "Good, Inc." by The Gorillaz.
I'm a genius.
Gotta love me.

8 comments:

dashababy said...

That's hilarious.
This is my first visit to your blog, you're funny and fun to read. I loved the one with the phone messages and what you wanted to say. Funny stuff, you crack me up!
Have a great weekend!!

TFS said...

ROFL! I just had this image of you doing the whole slow mo "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" and hitting the deck...

Sorry, I can't help it. People fall over. I laugh.

And yes, yes we do gotta ;o)

trueborn said...

Ha!
I've done that too, only the treadmill kept going and chuck my ass off of there but good. I had the rugburns to prove it, me I wasn't dancing, turns out I'm just a momumental clutz.

angel, jr. said...

I find myself having to balance on the treadmill too.

Steph said...

Lolzzzzzz! nothing like a good spill to crack people up. I love watching people fall, hit their head or generally injur themselves. good times :)

Ang said...

SO FUNNY!! I feel quite justified laughing at others because I am the biggest clutz EVER!! Stand up, take a bow and laugh at yourself!! LOVE IT!!!

beachgirl said...

Oh Precious girl!!! There are no words.. No wonder we are such good friends... The fact that you can laugh at yourself.... I love it!!!

auburn said...

Ohmygod i've done that too.

Mine was in front of a guy i was trying to impress at the age of about 16.

Eek...