Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cliffhanger

Yeah, so I SHOULD post about the drunken debauchery that took place . . . for FREE . . last night:

But I'm not gonna.
Because Birdie assured us last night that SHE was going to blog about it Monday.

And the responsibility fell to her because she did not TRUST us that the bar/bowling alley/karaoke/dance floor/full kitchen was the BEST place ever.
Nor did she trust in my NEW FOUND friendships with the staff - - and that we drank EVERYTHING for free last night and didn't even have to ask to be brought drinks - - in fact, we were DONE drinking . . . but Danny KEPT bringing us free, pretty, tasty drinks.

And by DRINKS I mean: THIS much alcohol and this much mixer.

One of my Crown and Cokes . . .I'm relatively sure there was NO coke.
And everyone got kissed.
Some by two or more boys.
And everyone was dragged to the dancefloor.
And the bartender made us a pizza at 1:30 AM because we were hungry.

Let's just say it was THE BEST NIGHT EVAAAARRRRRR to make up for one of the worst mornings.

And Birdie, you had BETTER mention "Jeremy" and how he couldn't even wait to be out of the parking lot to use your phone number.

And K's being on FIRE last night and . . . oh shit, call me! After you guys left, I had a long talk with Will and A and there are some things that MUST be discussed.

Oh damnit, my head hurts.
Love you kids and be SURE and check out Birdie's site periodically (she will probably not be able to post until Monday afternoon) to see her version of the events: www.birdsovafeather.blogspot.com

18 comments:

Coyote Mike said...

You also get my mother's cure-all (even works for hangovers)

2 shots whisky
2 tablespoons honey

Mix in a cup and fill with hot water. Drink a second to take a nap. And the water makes sure you get no hangover ;)

Laurie (aka buggy) said...

C. Mike - I like your mom.

Coyote Mike said...

She taught me to make fruit brandy.

Chairborne Stranger said...

go with mike's idea!

your nights are sure better than mine.

thanks for taking up for me the other day, m. you're the best.

mrshife said...

I can't wait to hear about all these details. It sounds like an awesome night. You have found yourself a frickin' diamond mine in that bar. The bowling alleys here in Idaho are not going to be as much fun because they are banning smoking. I don't smoke but it just seems that a smoke-filled bowling alley is part of the experience of hanging at the alley.

Coyote Mike said...

Megh, you better come quick. Laurie's getting whiney cuz I keep picking on her about being gassy :P

beachgirl said...

Gurrrrl!! You better call me... I have got to get the scoop...

Anonymous said...

Dang you and your ability to get free drinks :-) I need to start coming out with you! Sounds like a great time!

Thomas said...

Whoops! That last one was me (didn't want to leave you hanging!).

Drunken Chud said...

my broke ass sure could use some free drinks. next time, box them up and send them to me COD. i'll knock the delivery guy out, drink the shots, and reseal the box and then they will return the glassware to you. so it's win win. hehehehehe.

janestarr said...

Amen to Drunken Cloud, share the wealth with the rest of us bar-paying slops! So jealous! Glad you had a good night, Meg, you deserve it, honey!

meghansdiscontent said...

Drunken Chud - You are the man. Thank you for the cure-all! I wrote it down and put it in my recipe box.

Laurie - Ditto.

Coyote Mike - That's a good woman.

Chairborne - Planning to. Your nights will be better soon. Hell, I bet you'll out do me in the fun department. As for taking up for you, anytime, soldier, anytime.

Coyote Mike - You kids! I can't leave you alone for one day.

Beachgirl - Tried calling you, doll, you failed to answer. And when you called back, I was indisposed. Maybe we can catch up today! :)

Anonymous - LOL, I keep wondering - if I keep showing up with more and more people, will the drinks still run freely?? :) We can try though. Bring it.

Thomas - ha ha ha - refer to above.

Drunken Chud - And you should refer to above as well. However, honey, you underestimate me. I wouldn't make you work that hard. I would send the drinks in plastic disposable lidded cups. That way I didn't have to depend on your drunk behind to return my property! :)

Janestarr - Honey, whenever you want to come South - I will share the wealth. We will get you soused for free and make you line dance in a bowling alley. And thank you! This is so conceited and egocentric - but I DID deserve a great night.

Coyote Mike said...

HEY, I was the one who gave you the recipie, not some drunked chud. It's Mama Coyote's Miracle Cure.

Barry S. said...

Hey coyote, your mom and mone must be from the same cloth.
My mom used a little different variation: she added lemon juice to the honey and Kentucky bourbon. Not too shabby at all.

Glad you had a good night meghan!

Real-E said...

...I'm getting way past those days though I do enjoy my single malts!

Saw you liked Bulgakov - ever read "Heart of a Dog" by him? It's not quite "The Master and Margarita" (one of my all time favs), but it is a good read!

pk said...

sounds like you had fun this weekend drinking my favorite kind of drink (Free) as opposed to my second favorite (cheap).

My boys and I used to have a spot like that........ good times!

Kate said...

I'm glad you made up for your bad morning. Did you bowl?

Jenni said...

You are fabulousss and know how to live it up in total Rock Star Fashion!!! Rock on, babe!!