Monday, January 09, 2006

Tagged!

My near and dear Trueborn tagged me with the fabulous Ang’s list, so here goes:

Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. Scottish
2. English

Two Things That Scare You
1. Failing
2. Planes

Two fears you overcame
1. Getting into the real world and making it on my own.
2. Being alone.

Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. Skim Milk
2. Music

Two things you are Wearing Right Now
1. Diamond earrings
2. Scrubs

Two things you wore too much this year
1. Scrubs
2. A quad cane (it counts as wearing, particularly since Birdie wanted to “bedazzle” it)

This year's Favorite Bands or Musical Artists
1. The Killers
2. XTC

Two Things You Want in a Relationship
1. Stability
2. Honesty

Two of your favorite Movies of the Year
1. Love Actually
2. Phantom of the Opera

Best movies of all time
1. People Will Talk
2. Dogma

Two things You hate
1. Being told what to do.
2. Ignorance

Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
1. Reading
2. Writing

Two things you learned this year
1. Running a small business is not THAT hard.
2. Life is too short to feel guilty.

Two Accomplishments You are Proud of
1. I started, and made a success of, my own business.
2. I completed my clinical fellowship and have become a fully licensed therapist.

Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. Love
2. Life

Two place you went this year.
1. Ha ha ha - who had time
2. See number one.

Two Places You Want to go on Vacation
1. Australia
2. Scotland

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. Be content.
2. Find and maintain love.

Two Ways that you are a Stereotypical Example of your Gender
1. I won’t leave my house without makeup.
2. I spend money on frivolous things.

Two things that make you stand out.
1. My outlook on life.
2. My obsession with sports, namely football.

Two Things You Normally Wouldn't Admit
1. Deep down I think I’m not good enough.
2. I think most people are stupid.

Two Goals for the New Year
1. Be comfortable in my own skin again.
2. Pay off the debts I incurred when I was unable to work.

I tag:

Rolligun
Beachgirl
Coyote Mike
Bone
Auburn

23 comments:

Oswald Croll said...

OK, tell me that clowns don't scare the Hell out of you. If they don't... then....ummmm... me neither.

Os

Chairborne Stranger said...

Football is a worthy endeavor.

Someone told me once being content might not be all it's cracked up to be. I have no idea yet.

beachgirl said...

Biatch!!! I'll post my stuff tomorrow.. BTW- you are good enough, infact, you are the best!!

Jenni said...

"I think most people are stupid" - Hall-e-luyah! That admission is so hilarious, yet so true with me too!

Laurie (aka buggy) said...

snobs!!

Coyote Mike said...

Oww. Tagging is one thing, but did you have to use a dart gun? In the ass? That's just mean.

Bone said...

Watch where you tag me ;-)

Skim milk? Me too! I can just taste the fat in everything else.
Killers... yes.
Football... definitely.

Thomas said...

Scrubs are an amazing thing. When you have to wear them at work hours upon hours, you grow to despise them... until you go home and slip into a clean pair to LOUNGE or SLEEP in... then they're amazing. Huh.

Drunken Chud said...

wtf is quad cane? that's all i got.

meghansdiscontent said...

Os - Angel, umm, yeah clowns are scary beyond all reason. If it had been THREE things you're afraid of, clowns would have been no. 3. But it was two - so I picked my top two. :)

Chairborne - Yes, sir. And maybe one day we'll both be able to speak more knowledgeably on the subject.

Beachgirl - Hurry, hurry. And whatever.

Jenni - So glad someone agreed with me!!! :)

Laurie - HUH???

Coyote Mike - You deserved it. And you know it.

Bone - Babe, I hit you where you asked me to . . . And I'm the same way with milk - if it's higher than Skim, I feel like I should be eating it with a fork.

Thomas - ha ha ha, you're SO right.

Laurie (aka buggy) said...

Nuffin' I was kidding saying "snobs" about hating stupid people.

I'm with Chud on the question..what's a quad cane?

trueborn said...

Good enough for who exactly Megs?
Good enough for us?
We love ya. You're Awesome. You are a knockout on so many levels, eventually they'll all meet up and agree.
You're the best.

The only person that has to accept that is you darlin, we already know.
At some point perception becomes reality. Sometimes we just need to reexamine what we know to be true about ourselves.

mrshife said...

Great list. Thanks for sharing. You are going to make some guy a very lucky fellow with your love of football. It is the greatest game ever.

Rolligun said...

Scottish?!?...pff, it was so close.

We all have it, but you hide your negativity well.

And of course, I would like to thank you for this wonderful oppurtunity to answer more questions.

Perhaps I should hire a biographer.

Then I can finally publish the world's driest book.

Rolligun said...

oh will do it, just give a day or two to finish my interview process.

Kate said...

Man, that's a really hard list. Why don't you guys ask stuff like:

Red or White?
Boxers or Briefs?

meghansdiscontent said...

Drunken Chud - You must have snuck in as I was responding. A quad cane is what you see 90 yr olds toddling around with. It's a cane with a base and four feet on the bottom. I had to use one to walk for the better part of the beginning of last year.

Laurie - Check out my answer to Chud, chica.

Trueborn - Good enough for me. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of me, if I'm unhappy with myself then no one else will ever be happy with me. My perception of myself at this stage isn't that great . . . but we had a long discussion about this the other night. If anyone understands, it's you.

MrShife - Thank you, doll! :) I hope so.

Rolligun - You be nice! As for hiding my negativity, ha ha ha, I KNOW there are many people - even in the blogosphere - who would argue with you on that one. As for answering more questions, you know me - they never stop. May I volunteer to be your biographer??? As for the time it may take, we are aware you're a busy boy - - no rush.

Kate - lol, should I compose a list of questions for you that are easy?? There are definitely simple things I would like to know about Ms. Kate.

Kate said...

Simple things like: Why does she have so much time to spend on the computer? ;-)

BTW I'm am totally with you on hating to be told what to do.

Coyote Mike said...

So, if I told you to blog something new, you would hate me forever?

Steph said...

I can relate to so much there....except the football of course ;)

BEVIS said...

And we'd be happy to have you visit us!

(In Australia, I mean.)

:)

janestarr said...

I abso-freakin-lutely hate it when people tell me what to do, man I am stubborn.

Congrats on your business, Meg!

Ang said...

You are right meghan, we DO have a lot in common!!