Sunday, March 19, 2006

Beyond Lazy

So, this is beyond lazy, but I really don't care.

You're getting some random stuff today:

What's On

What's on my stereo . . .

Since I have a six-disc changer in the vehicle, I tend to load it up on Sunday and play the music all week. Occassionally the cds will change during the week for special occassions, but generally they stay the same. This week, we have some oldies but goodies:

1 - Ani Difranco - Dilate

2 - Metallica - S & M - Disc One

3 - Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions

4 - The Killers - Hot Fuss

5 - Pat Benetar - Greatest Hits (oh shut up, you know you like her!)

6 - Mix CD - Powerman 5000, Local H, The Gorillaz, Union Underground, Lo Fidelty Allstars, The Vines, Jet, Weezer, Soundgarden

What's on my nightstand . . .

1 - The God Gene: How Faith is Hardwired Into Our Genes - Dean Hamer

2 - The Complete Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald

3 - Capote - Gerald Clarke

4 - The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers - Michael Newton

What's on my settae . . .

My running clothes.

Because Dr. McCarron called with my MRI results . . . and, quote:

"Are you determined to have a hip replacement before you're thirty?!?!?! We talked about this. You can NOT run. I cleared you for walking. Period. STOP running immediately or you're going to be in a wheelchair for a while again."

Nice.
So I'm reduced to walking.
Ugh.

What's on my mind . . .

I'm completely obsessive.
I can't stop thinking about someone.
And I'm sure that they're about tired of me.
I would be tired of me.
Nonstop emailing, calling, textmailing, etc.

I also have work on my mind.
I'm swamped beyond reason.
And instead of getting better (read as LIGHTER), it's getting worse.
I evalled 4 kids on Friday.
All of which qualify for services.
So when I get scripts (sorry, prescriptions) back on each of them, that's another 12 hours to add to my caseload.

Fun.

Lovya, mean it.

7 comments:

auburn said...

If I can have all those CD's in your stacker that'd be great.

Cheers;)

Oh, and don't run honey. I understand the pain of being told you CAN'T do something, feeling controlled, constricted, out-of-control...but please don't run.

Drunken Chud said...

honey, it's ok you can't stop thinking about me. and no, i'm not tired of you. in fact, it's endearing.

ouch... yeah, running is bad... apparently.

Bejeweled said...

I read everything you had to say, but this one quote stuck with me.... "I'm completely obsessive.
I can't stop thinking about someone.
And I'm sure that they're about tired of me.
I would be tired of me.
Nonstop emailing, calling, textmailing, etc" This is the story of my life. I'm not yet done with someone, although I'm sure they are of me, but I don't know how to stop the thinking. I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I'm in the same boat. Arrrgggggh!

Bone said...

So how long are you going to follow your doctor's advice?

PS: I see you have links to other blogs now. Nice ;-)

trueborn said...

I've got to due something about Auburns lack of cds

hrmmmmm

Britt, they don't want me to move my thumb, I hate it when someone tells me I can't do something.

ooooooooooo

It burns me up.

As for being obsessive. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that we've all been there.

Who on earth could ever get tired of you?

We've been in Brit Withdrawal of late.....

meghansdiscontent said...

Auburn - Chica, say the word and a package of burned CD's will be headed your direction. Particularly considering you are now . . . short on CDs. I'm not going to run. I went "walking" tonight. Good Lord, how boring.

Drunken Chud - Gosh, Chud, that's so nice of you. Good to know that I'm endearing.

Bejeweled - Have you seen that Cingular commercial?? The one where the guy goes on the date and she tells him she'll call and he can't leave his phone alone? He checks it when he's in the shower, when he's biking, he's playing with his phone at the bar, keeps checking to see if he has signal, if maybe it rang and he didn't know it -- that's me. I'm just so friggin head over heels right now that I'm constantly in need of him. And it scares me because I'm totally afraid of being "clingy" and him bolting for that reason alone!

Bone - Ummm, yeah, about the doctor's advice . . . I promise, I really AM going to TRY and follow it. No really, I am. I think. As for my links, don't compliment me on them. I'm computer inept. I had no idea how to do them. You can thank the sweetest man in the world for doing that little bit of work for me. He's not even mine, yet, and I put him to work. I'm shameless. In a total Garth Brooks way.

meghansdiscontent said...

True! - You snuck in on me! Yes, yes, you do need to do something about Auburn's cds. Lord knows that if anyone could, it would be you! You MIGHT have a more eclectic collection than myself!

Kid, DONT move your thumb. I'm sure you will follow that advice JUST like I follow MY doctor's advice and YOUR advice. But, I had to try.

As for who could get tired of me . . you're, of course, right. No one could. Oh wait, I do have exes. I couldn't have dumped all of them . . .could I??? :)

As for Britt withdrawal, I'm sorry, True-dear. I promise to try and do better. Honestly.