Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Just Breathe

Just Breathe

I know you don’t want to think about this
But your father and I have been thinking
And if you’re gone
We’re cosigned on everything
And we can’t carry all that
You need to increase your life insurance amount

Just Breathe

I know it’s too soon
I know you’re not over him
I know you’re scared
Just let me try
Let me show you what we could be
I’ll make you happy
I swear

Just Breathe

We can’t get the fever to go down
This could be good news
It could be your immune system
Fighting off what remains
Getting accustomed to the new medications
We knew it was going to get worse before it got better
Let’s just assume this is good right now
We’ll run tests again Friday

Just Breathe

We can’t get it worked out
We’ve taken on too many contracts
You’re going to have to call another scheduling meeting
And hire at least two more therapists
Oh
And Medicaid is auditing six of our kids this month

Just Breathe

I brought you the blank forms
So you can update
Your Living Will
Your Healthcare Proxy
and Your Organ and Tissue Donation electives
Get them done and fax copies to us
And your lawyer
By Friday
Please
This is important

Just Breathe

Cody and I may need to move in with you
Just for a little while
We can’t deal with Matt anymore
And our lease is up in a few weeks
We’ll pay the storage fees for your furniture in the back rooms
It’ll only be a few months
We’ll pay you rent
Don’t worry about the dogs
Can you make some cookies for my class potluck
And I’m borrowing your truck Saturday

Just Breathe

It can’t keep piling on
It has to get better
There’s nowhere to go but up
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow

Just Breathe

In and Out

Just Breathe

Just . . .

9 comments:

Drunken Chud said...

breathe...

Anonymous Assclown said...

Don't just breathe. Move, scream, punch, cry, fight, let go, hang on, fuck, run, kick, sleep, kiss, eat, drive.

Faltenin said...

Hugs, once again, my dear...

PJ said...

wow you are really overwhelmed. poor dear. i'm praying for you!

meghansdiscontent said...

Chud - I'm trying, really I am. I think I spent most of yesterday with my head in my hands . . . but I was breathing and working and handling things.

Anon Cow - In order: I am, I am, I have and do, I did, I do, I need something to fight for, I'm trying to let go, I'm hanging on to what I should, I WISH, I do - against doctor's orders, I do, I do when I can, I WISH, umm . . when I remember, and constantly.

Fal - Thank you, babe.

Pam - Thank you!

Jenni said...

Wow. You've got one full plate right now. Tough decisions SUCK. You must have some MEGA COPING skills. It would be difficult not to just tell everyone to KISS MY ARSE. And you brother? Either he has PERFECT timing or the most AWFUL timing imaginable. However, it's obvious that he'll certainly be a distraction.

Trix said...

You know, at the end of all this, when everything is resolved, and you're feeling better, you're going to be the strongest person I know. Scratch that. You're already the strongest person I know.

Much love, Trixie

Dorothy said...

I feel for you sweetie. Just do one at a time. To hell with the world. Just do what you can. And yes, breathe. Air is always a good idea.

20-Questions said...

Wow, I may have been able to do a cleanse, but dealing with this takes guts kiddo. I think you're my new hero. ;)