Thursday, April 06, 2006

This is How This Went

Proof to Auburn that I am SO not strong:

Bryan: You've got to stop crying.
Me: Yep.
Bryan: What are you crying about? Him? Me? The kidney thing?
Me: Yep.
Bryan: You were supposed to choose one.
Me: Yep.
Bryan: You gonna say "yep" to everything tonight?
Me: Yep.
Bryan: Do you love me?
Me: Yep.
Bryan: You really are gonna say "yep" to everything. You don't love me.
Me: Yep.
Bryan: Yep, you don't, or yep, you do.
Me: Yep.
Bryan: I'd slap you if you weren't already crying.
Me: Yep.
Bryan: Are you in love with me?
Me: hiccup-odd look-more crying
Bryan: How did I know that wouldn't get a "Yep?" Are you worried about the doctor tomorrow?
Me: Yep.
Bryan: Are you crying about the doctor tomorrow?
Me: odd look - more crying
Bryan: Are you crying about him?
Me: odd look - more crying
Bryan: At least you didn't say "yep" to that either. Stop looking at your phone every three minutes.
Me: Yep.

A few hours later:

Zach: Has she said anything but "yep?"
Bryan: She told me to fuck off when I told her she was better than him and this situation. She also told me to fuck off when I told her that she'd be fine and I'd give her a kidney if she needs one.
Zach: She said "fuck?"
Me: Yep.
Zach: Drama queen.
Me: sad look - more crying
Zach: Trying to make you laugh here.
Bryan: We gotta do something. I can't watch this anymore. It's depressing and stupid. I don't even know why she's crying! The asshole? The kidney thing? The needle tomorrow? What the hell is she crying about?
Me: Yep.
Zach: I'm gonna smack you if you say "yep" again.
Me: sad look - more crying
Bryan: Let's get out of here. Let's go to Cajun's and dance. You love to dance. It will take your mind off the doctor.
Me: flips him off - stops crying, ran out of tears
Zach: I think it's pretty evident she doesn't want to go dancing.
Bryan: I got nothin.
Zach: Maybe you should go home. I'll talk to her.
Bryan: I'm not leaving her.
Me: finds more tears somewhere, starts crying again

WHY do my friends still talk to me???

WHY is Bryan the greatest man on the planet and yet I don't want anything to do with him?

17 comments:

Scorpy said...

Yep...I do like that Bryan dude. Stay safe Brittany and I hope everything turns out OK. I do agree with Auburn...you are strong :)

Coyote Mike said...

It's like one of those little "Love Is . . . " comics you see in the paper. In this case it is "Love is . . . being there, no matter what."

Thats why your friends are there. That is why Bryan is there. That's why we are all here. Its a group effort to smother you in love. But we have to take it in shifts so we can shower and eat between hug sessions. Even mental hug sessions.

Johnny said...

lol meghan.

people dont want what they have!

they want what they DONT have.

its the real beaut of self destructionism.

and yet we cant help it.

Trix said...

They still talk to you because they know, without a doubt, that if the situation was reversed, you'd do the same for them.

mrshife said...

Bryan does sound like a stand-up guy and I am glad he is there for you. You are a strong woman. Take care of yourself.

Faltenin said...

Since when did anyone say you could order your heart to fall in love with someone?

Our hearts are unfair. But maybe in five years time your heart might be freer. Or not. We'll see...

In the meantime... the other members of the LHC Band are around if you need a shoulder.

trueborn said...

Fal's right, Babe.

I'm here if you need me.

Eunuch said...

Becuase all guys suck, but you have to keep us around to remind yourself that we all suck, otherwise, you might forget. Or something like that!

Indiana said...

The love of true friendship cannot be measured...

and I think Bryan rocks...but you knew that.

Laurie (aka buggy) said...

=/

ChickyBabe said...

Because he's a good friend, and you know that in your heart. :)

Steph said...

With friends like that, you can take on the world. Chin up sweets.

Drunken Chud said...

i thought this might fit well:

Somewhere there's speaking
It's already coming in
Oh and it's rising at the back of your mind
You never could get it
Unless you were fed it
Now you're here and you don't know why

But under skinned knees and the skid marks
Past the places where you used to learn
You howl and listen
Listen and wait for the
Echoes of angels who won't return

(Chorus)
He's everything you want
He's everything you need
He's everything inside of you
That you wish you could be
He says all the right things
At exactly the right time
But he means nothing to you
And you don't know why
You're waiting for someone
To put you together
You're waiting for someone to push you away
There's always another wound to discover
There's always something more you wish he'd say

(Chorus)

But you'll just sit tight
And watch it unwind
It's only what you're asking for
And you'll be just fine
With all of your time
It's only what you're waiting for

Out of the island
Into the highway
Past the places where you might have turned
You never did notice
But you still hide away
The anger of angels who won't return

Ang said...

Crying in NO way reflects strength!! You are still one of the stongest women I have had the pleasure of almost meeting!!

On a side note...I am back!! I had to get a new address, but I am there, and I promise a new post soon!

I also promise an email (probably before the post-priorities!!)

meghansdiscontent said...

Scorpy - You're crazy. :) And between you and Indy, you guys will have me married off to Bryan in the next six months. Goodness. As for being strong, we shall see . . we shall see.

Coyote Mike - I just don't think it's fair that he loves me so much. And yes, I love him, but I am not in love with him. And it's a vast difference. Thanks for smothering me . . sometimes it helps.

Johnny - Welcome. You have a very valid point. We are all self destructionalists at heart, success scares us. If we get what we want, what will we spend the rest of our time doing??

Trix - Yes, yes, I would. But it doesn't assuage my guilt at putting them through these things.

MrShife - Thank you, sweetie.

Faltenin - Can you arrange it so it doesn't take 5 years? How about five months? Five weeks? Five days would be good. :) As for our LHC Band . . . I repeat, we're all turning into Eleanor Rigby: Look at all the lonely people.

Trueborn - Fal's always right. Almost as much as Indy. I may take you up on your here offer . . saw I missed you the other night. I promise I'll get back with you.

Eunuch - Long time, kid, long time. How's tricks? You guys don't all suck. Not even close. I wish it were true, it would make things SO much easier! :)

Indy - And, as I told Scorpy, I'm well aware you would have me marry Bryan tomorrow if you could. But it's not fair to him. No matter what deep psychological meanings you read into my feelings for him. :) Time shall tell.

Laurie - No worried face, chica! I've had enough of you kids worrying about me!

Chickybabe - He is a wonderful friend. He just deserves better than what I do to him.

Steph - Thanks, girlie.

Chud - OMG. I had forgotten all about that song! Heck, I saw Vertical Horizon in concert in 2000 . . . Riverfront Ampitheater, picnic blanket, on the grass, cool breeze coming off the river, surrounded by friends . . I needed that memory. You Rock!
Not to mention how apropos the song is.

Ang - You're on crack! But I lurv you regardless. Got your email, chica, swear I'm returning it. It's been a long weekend! And looking forward to looking at the new template you've been crowing about!!! Missed your blog!!!

Coyote Mike said...

I wish I could be there to hold your hand and give you real hugs.

Thomas said...

Q: WHY do my friends still talk to me???

A: You're the greatest.