Monday, October 16, 2006

The Moth

My flame was burning an orange red glow that cautioned others to their distance but beckoned you strangely for reasons I won't fathom and as you grew closer I faded to the blue white of gas stoves and pilot lights hoping it would stop your steady pace but brought a smile to my internal face as I saw your step quicken and I extinguished myself, now shadowed from your view I observe your confusion and can't stop the laugh that maniacally breaks the dumbfounded silence of the empty room and you follow the echo to the wrong corner and I dig my torn nails into my sinking palms and hold my breath so I don't whisper my hidden position to you bringing an end to a game I didn't want to play because I couldn't write the rules and you slump into the corner where you didn't find me and I watch and decide I never wanted you at all.

1 comment:

Adam said...

You're a cheeky little minx you are!