Monday, December 18, 2006

Tomato Sauce is SO Much Sexier than Whip Cream


Lately, I am klutz extraordinaire.
Though, I don’t really think that this one was my fault.

R., one of my therapy kids, was eating his lunch in the therapy room.
He had ravioli, corn and a small bowl of salad.
Now, 3 year olds aren’t really known for their dexterity, particularly with a spoon, so it was no surprise that he kept dropping corn from his spoon onto the floor.
He was nearing the end of the meal so I decided to get down under the table and retrieve the scattered pieces of yellow vegetableness.

So there I was on my hands and knees, gathering corn niblets from the linoleum floor, when R. decides he’s finished with his lunch and starts to get up from the table to take his plate and bowl to the trashcan. . .
Just as I decide to pop up from the floor and carry the napkin full of corn to the trash.
As you can imagine, there was a collision of epic proportions.

My head makes contact with the plate(full of tomato sauce and abandoned corn), R.’s hand drops the plate and suddenly I am covered in meaty red sauce with corn adornments: Hair, head and chest.
I was SEXY.

Thankfully, I prepare for such occurrences (isn't that sad???).

I keep a bag full of toiletries in my vehicle at all times, along with a set of extra scrubs.
But it doesn’t change the fact that for a good 5 minutes, I resembled one of my mother’s favorite pictures of me: An almost 2-yr old covered in spaghetti from head-to-toe and loving every second of it – even if I do look slightly scared. I’m pretty sure even then I knew my parents were godless commies who were going to blackmail me with these pictures for the rest of my life. kidding, my parents are wonderful

Anywho – so here ya go: A picture of me MUCH like I looked today . . only about 24 years ago.

4 comments:

TFS said...

I think those sorts of accidents could be expected when working with kids...so no, it's not sad to be prepared ;) Now if I was prepared for just such an occurence...that'd be sad. Especially if I had a bag full of womens toiletries!

And you were a cute almost 2 year old :)

Walter said...

You're right, whip cream ain't got nuthin' on tomato sauce.

Johnny said...

haut.

:D

meghansdiscontent said...

TFS - So happy to see you again! Thanks! I was a cute kid . . . sometimes I wonder what happened. :)

Walter - Tell me about it!

Johnny - I know, right? :) Oh and hi and welcome and all that.