Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Never Have I Ever

I'm abashed to admit that until Friday, I'd never played a round of miniature golf. Yes, it's true. 27 years old and I had never set foot on a putt-putt course.

I've done a great many things that others will never do. Some won't even think to do them. But there are a few things I haven't done that might surprise you:

1 - I've never driven or ridden in a Go Kart.
2 - I've never seen a Star Wars, Star Trek or James Bond film.
3 - I've never paid rent.
4 - I've never changed a flat tire . . even though I've had a LOT of them.
5 - I've never mowed (is it mown or mowed?) the lawn at my house.
6 - I've never enjoyed a Jim Carey movie.

Okay, so we've moved from shocking to downright absurd. I'm sure there are a host of other things I've never done in my life that would shock you more than my dislike of all things Jim Carey . . . but I'm currently at a loss. Settle for what you've got. I'm sure I'll add a few in the comments section.

5 comments:

TC said...

I'm really jealous of #3... and really horrified you'd never played mini golf before. Thankfully you righted that one!

Jon said...

Believe it or not, there's some good Jim Carrey movies out there. The Truman Show is about as far as you can get from his usual fare.
It's good that you finally played mini-golf. It's a fun little game.

meghansdiscontent said...

TC - I feel really lucky on #3. I had scholarships that paid for all of my undergrad plus some extra and I worked 30 hours a week as a preschool teacher - so I just stuffed all that money in savings. My senior year, I built a house. It seemed silly to rent an apartment for grad school when I could pay less monthly for a house (and get all my money back when I sell) than I could rent.

Jon - I would like to believe you. I would. But after years of the likes of Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura bombardment . . I must say I'm gunshy.

Jason said...

Never mowed the lawn? Never changed a flat?

So it's as I always suspected. You have college boys in togas running around serving you, don't you?

meghansdiscontent said...

Jason, Jason, Jason . . . would I have such a thing?

You don't need to answer that. Of course, I would.