Monday, July 30, 2007

Non-Track Mind

I can't really form coherent, flowing thoughts at the moment.
They're mostly random flashes. So, I'm afraid you'll be subjected to them.

  • I'm pissed. Neither the damn maid nor the electrician never showed Friday. My calls went unanswered. She finally answered today and claimed to have come down with the flu and swore she would be here this afternoon to clean and let the electrician in. She even called to make certain that it would be okay for them to be here after I'd gotten off work and was here, too. I assured them it was fine. And yet . . NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP.
  • I'm ecstatic. One of my therapy kids has made great strides in the last three weeks. His new aid for his cochlear implant seems to be functioning much better than the last. He's said three words (he was previously completely non-verbal) and has learned a handful of new signs.
  • I'm sad. My Kady puppy has been "visiting" my parents for a while and has picked up a ton of bad habits from my dad's ignorant dog Maddox. She was the most well-behaved, sweetest puppy on Earth. She wouldn't jump on you and she would always come when called. Now she leaps on you the entire time you're near her and wanders off on walks. Re-training her is going to be a long process. I can tell.
  • I'm confused. Men make very little sense to me. While chatting with a male friend about football, it would often take him 3-5 minutes to respond to an IM. That's fine. No big deal. Whatev. Though, not a conscious decision, I think part of me wanted to show him what it was like: So I went to the kitchen to get a drink in the middle of our chat. I was gone maybe 3 minutes, max. I come back to a bevy of "Meghan?", "Are you there?" and "I'm leaving in 5, 4, 3 . . " messages. Yet, when I bring it to his attention that I STILL answered faster than he answers MOST of my messages, he couldn't believe me. Thank God for timestamps. Men are a little clueless sometimes.
  • I'm enamored. I'm completely in love with two of my therapy children. A little girl - 13 months old and a little boy - 15 months. I never want to take them back to class after I've seen them. And I think they feel the same since any time I walk into either of their classrooms they attack me at the door and won't let go. I may just have to kidnap them.
  • I'm lethargic. The many hours of sleeping this weekend have left me drained and useless. I pulled a 9 hour work-day which NEVER bothers me, but today I feel like I was run over by a train. I'm not sure I can move from the couch to my bed. I may have to sleep here and hope my internal alarm wakes me in time for work.
  • I'm eager. My summer is almost over, yet hasn't really started. I have two trips coming up, at least. Both of which are still in the pre-planning stages. But, both of which WILL happen come Hades or high water. I'm going to the beach and I'm going on my annual girls' weekend out trip. Damnit.
  • I'm done. I have nothing else to share today.

1 comment:

TC said...

I'm confused. Men make very little sense to me. While chatting with a male friend about football, it would often take him 3-5 minutes to respond to an IM. That's fine. No big deal. Whatev. Though, not a conscious decision, I think part of me wanted to show him what it was like: So I went to the kitchen to get a drink in the middle of our chat. I was gone maybe 3 minutes, max. I come back to a bevy of "Meghan?", "Are you there?" and "I'm leaving in 5, 4, 3 . . " messages. Yet, when I bring it to his attention that I STILL answered faster than he answers MOST of my messages, he couldn't believe me. Thank God for timestamps. Men are a little clueless sometimes.

I'm sooooooo thankful I'm not the ony one. Or when you disappear for a few days and they wonder if you're alive, but when they don't think to communicate for days they were just taking some time off 8-)