Tuesday, August 07, 2007

And the Social Satire Continues . . .

I do not forward emails. I rarely read forwards unless they're from a very trusted source that I am certain knows my sense of humor or political ideals and would not send me something that would waste my time. Much like the YouTube posting below, this crossed my inbox today and I felt the need to share:

Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass.

Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

5 comments:

Jason said...

I heard on the news the other day that if all the illegal aliens in this country were made to pay taxes on all their illegal income, they'd all go back to Mexico.

Haaaahahaha.

I'm kidding.

No, it said that if they all paid taxes, we could put a significant dent in the national deficit.

Or at least fund more wars.

TC said...

I got that one the other day and LOVED it. I think it should be the case.

meghansdiscontent said...

Jason - Ooooh, do I sense some angry undercurrents in your joke? :) Kidding! I think if all the illegal aliens paid taxes and all the rich people paid taxes and if us self-employed folk got a tiny break we would all be much better off. But, as long as I'm dreaming, I'll wish for that pony I've always wanted and a billion dollars . . that I will gladly pay taxes on. :)

TC - Agreed!! I posted a political format a few years back and even reposted it. . umm . . I think it was last year. I may post it again. I think you'd agree with most of it.

Burg said...

That was great!

Jon said...

I absolutely agree.