Monday, August 20, 2007

Satan is Sitting on My Couch and Smiling

It's too damn hot to wear clothing.
The only reason I haven't been fired for nudity at work is because we have an industrial sized air conditioning unit that works sooooo well that one of the Occupational Therapists actually put on a sweater today. A sweater!

However, as of Thursday morning, I won't be at work for a while.
I'm taking a tiny, itsy bitsy, mini-vacation. Hooray for me! I haven't had one in a year. And that one was also a mini-vacation, but hey, I'm not begging for someone to send me free tickets for a cruise ship to Alaska. No, that wasn't a subtle hint for someone to take pity on me and send me free tickets. I promise, it wasn't. But, if it was, send two. I'd like to take the boyfriend. He's expressed some interest in the cold state, as well.

Back on track.
So, I'm leaving Thursday morning for a mini-vacation.
And, being the OCD Queen that I am, I'm starting to pack now.
Actually, physically, pack. I've been mentally packing for a coupla weeks.

However, leafing through my jampacked closet, I've discovered nothing is cool enough for the 120 degree heat indices that this Hell I live in is currently putting us through. No tube top is skimpy enough, no camisole thin enough, no skirt short enough. Plus, I don't wanna walk around like some hoochie mama.

So, I've decided I'm not packing.
I'm just going to be naked for five days.
With the right hairstyling and perfect makeup - not to mention killer shoes - I can pull the look off and few people should even notice that my unmentionables are bared for all to appreciate.
I might wear a piece of costume jewelry or two. Just for conversation pieces. Ya know, for those women that like to come up to you and say: "I love your insert article of clothing, jewlery, shoes, purse here. Where'd you find it??"

Naked is far classier than some skimpy camisole and skirt up to your hind parts.
And it gives you much less to lug into a hotel room.

Oooh! And no laundry! Naked it is!

7 comments:

Jon said...

I had the tickets to Alaska all ready, but I guess you're not interested. With a forecast high of 101 degrees here today in Florida, I might use those tickets myself.
I am so ready for fall to be here.

Jason said...

I like this idea. I'll look for you on the news.

TC said...

I'm not begging for someone to send me free tickets for a cruise ship to Alaska. No, that wasn't a subtle hint for someone to take pity on me and send me free tickets. I promise, it wasn't. But, if it was, send two. I'd like to take the boyfriend. He's expressed some interest in the cold state, as well.

Um, it was cold. And rainy. My winter coat got a lot of use. As did my fleece. And my jeans. And sweaters and sweatshirts. Going through my closet to pack (the night before) was a lot of fun since I haven't worn those clothes in months :)

Enjoy your trip!

TC said...

P.S. The tix weren't free... and the ferry ride (poor man's cruise) got canceled. Just fyi :)

Johnny DC said...

You put the tit in tittilating.

Or however one spells it.

meghansdiscontent said...

Jon - *sigh* You sure know how to tease a girl.

Jason - Eh, I bowed to the pressures of society and donned clothing. Very LITTLE clothing. But clothing, none-the-less. Avoid news programs if possible. They're depressing.

TC - I like cold. I like rainy. Sign me up! Ummm . . well, as long as it's not rainy ALL the time. I don't like constant raininess. :) I know it's unlikely I'll get free tix, but I can beg, can't I?

Johnny - Don't I know it!

coyotemike said...

You really should come visit me with that wardrobe . . . but leave the boyfriend at home.