Wednesday, October 14, 2009

But you've got too much to wear on your sleeves, it has too much to do with me

A couple crossed a parking lot. Just as couples do every night. It would have been unremarkable to most anyone else. But on this night, at this time, it struck something deep inside me.

I watched her begin to step from the curb alone. Just as her foot reached out to empty air, he touched her shoulder lightly and she paused. His fingers found hers and they entwined. She smiled gently at him and he at her then they stepped off the curb. Together.

My heart caught in my throat for a minute and I thought, "Oh god, I miss that so badly."

I like pictures of hands today

2 comments:

Insanity said...

I miss that too ): I hope you find it again soon. (:

meghansdiscontent said...

Thank you.