Friday, October 09, 2009

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

A brief phone conversation:

"Hey! Your ears must have been burning; I was just talking about you. Where are you?"

"Still trying to make it home, stuck in this godforsaken traffic AND, because of the godforsaken traffic, I've had an epiphany and felt the need to call and share."

"Oooookay . . . .?"

"Remember how I agreed to take the Conceal/Carry class with you at the end of October so we could both get our licenses before the laws changed?"

"Yessss . . . . ?"

"I've decided that's a verrrrrry bad idea. I realized moments ago that if I had a gun in the vehicle with me, there's a 99.5% chance that I would use the gun in moments like these. And, let's face it, moments like these happen every morning between 6 and 8 and every afternoon between 4 and 6. You don't want me to go to jail for murder and/or lesser offenses do you?"

"Definitely not."

"Glad that's settled then. See you shortly."

No comments: