Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yeah you make me merry make me very very happy

Many thanks to the beautiful and inspiring Ms. Sizzle over at Sizzle Says for reminding me to focus on all the wonderful things that make me happy these days. And what better way for a moderately obsessive compulsive person to focus on them than by making a list?
  • Opening the windows of my bedroom and curling up under thick, warm blankets to sleep.
  • Bright yellow, deep green, shiny red and crisp brown leaves standing out against the bright blue sky.
  • Knee-high suede and leather boots.
  • 3/4 length sleeved wool coats paired with elbow length leather gloves.
  • Deep, rumbling thunder and heavy rains that beat on my roof.
  • Piping hot peppermint mocha coffee or steaming gingerbread spice tea.
  • Books I get lost in.
  • Heartbreakingly beautiful photographs.
  • Music of any and every kind filling my house.
  • Scarves, mittens and toboggans.
  • Large vintage sunglasses.
  • Babies and toddlers dressed as pumpkins, dinosaurs and bumblebees.
  • Receiving hand-written letters in the mail.
  • Crunchy Fuji apples quartered and dipped in marshmallow fluff.
  • Black and white Cary Grant films.
  • Dresses, dresses, dresses.
  • Laundered clothes fresh from the dryer.
  • Laughing until my eyes well with tears and my cheeks ache from smiling.
  • Cinnamon-Cider Aromatique candles burning in every room.
  • Slow dancing in the living room just before bed.
  • Bookshelves brimming with tons of options.
  • College football games that leave me hoarse and satisfied.
  • Oren Lavie, The Doors, Rilo Kiley, Morningwood, David Garrett, The Grass Roots, Citizen Cope, The Weepies, Michael Buble and Spinnerette.
  • Long bike rides that leave my legs aching and my lungs bursting.

2 comments:

Insanity said...

I agree with some of those. (:

Bright yellow, deep green, shiny red and crisp brown leaves standing out against the bright blue sky.

Books I get lost in.

Heartbreakingly beautiful photographs.

Receiving hand-written letters in the mail.

Laughing until my eyes well with tears and my cheeks ache from smiling.

Slow dancing in the living room just before bed.

Long bike rides that leave my legs aching and my lungs bursting.

Smileyfreak said...

Writing a list when your feeling down is a great way to put a smile on your face :)